Virtual Physical Therapy Session
Our goal is that your online consult helps guide you through your concerns and leaves you feeling more empowered about your vagina, your body, and where to go from there.
- Painful sex
- Pelvic pain
- Pubic bone pain (in the front “down there”), SI joint (low back or one sided pain) or tailbone pain, low back or hip pain
- Urinary leakage, urinary urgency or frequency (more than every 2-4 hours)
- Pelvic organ prolapse / pelvic heaviness/ feeling like something is falling out
- Menstrual discomfort
- Diastasis recti abdominis (DRA) / abdominal wall muscle separation
- Pelvic floor muscle / core strengthening
- Comfortable Prenatal and postpartum exercise
- Preparing for Labor & Birth including vaginal, cesarean, VBAC
- Preparing for your postpartum recovery
- Recovery from a vaginal or cesarean birth
- Returning to exercise postpartum or after pelvic surgeries
- Return to sex postpartum or after pelvic surgeries
- Sports Specific Training
Here’s what you can expect during your virtual visit:
- You’ll click on the link we emailed you from your computer or phone when it’s your appointment time. Get ready to chat via video with us. Don’t worry, we won’t ask to see your vagina. You can wear whatever you like.
- You can chat with us from any room in your house that is convenient for you. You can chat with us from your car. You can be feeding your baby. You can be moving from room to room. Make this session whatever you need it to be. Totally private time for you or fitting it in where you can.
- We’ll start with a basic introduction.
- Your therapist will introduce themselves and then ask you the following questions: Tell me a bit about yourself. What would you like to chat about during this session? What are your goals?
- Then we’ll talk more details about what issues you have going on.
- You’ll get a chance to share your story.
- You’ll get asked some follow up questions. Depending on what you’re concerned about we may ask you about peeing, pooping, sex, your pregnancy/labor/birth experiences, and what your daily lifestyle looks like.
- After that we’ll provide guidance and support regarding the next steps you may benefit from which may include:
- Possible exercises, approaches, and habits to add or change.
- Understanding how your “core” and pelvic floor muscles work.
- Discuss if an in-office pelvic physical therapist would be beneficial or if you should consider seeking out other healthcare providers.
- After we discuss a game plan, we will talk about where to go from here.
- If you need some additional support, you may benefit from follow up appointments with us in which we can tailor a specific progression for you.
- You may wish to purchase a multiple package session which offers a detailed program to follow at home after every session, progressions specific to you, and email access to your therapist in between sessions.
- After your session is over, you’ll get an email from your therapist summarizing the session and you’ll be sent an invoice (which is complimentary for your initial consultation).
- Lastly, we strongly encourage you to work on what we discussed and consider meeting back with us in a few weeks for continued guidance.
Hear From Happy Clients of Ours
Please take a moment to enjoy hearing of other people, who like you, came in to see the team at Hays County Physical Therapy & Wellness – and left much happier.