Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist Assistant
Hays County Physical Therapy and Wellness is a direct care physical therapy clinic that specializes in women’s health and wellness. Located in North San Marcos, Texas, on the border of San Marcos and Kyle, our clinic is located in one of the fastest growing areas in the Texas Hill Country. We are a small team of dedicated and passionate people whose goal is to provide a compassionate and individualized experience for our patients. We are committed to every woman’s story and journey and we pride ourselves on developing life-long relationships with patients that are beneficial to everyone involved.
We value continuing education and up-to-date, evidence-based care in order to treat the whole body and provide our patients with the best possible results. We are committed to finding the best possible outcome for every patient.
We strive to create a balanced culture of life and work. We believe that by fostering and prioritizing balance, we will be more successful in being present with our patients and provide the nurturing care they are seeking.
We are looking for an individual who is energetic, collaborative, self-motivated, organized, and accountable. If you are ready to learn and grow in every aspect of your role and are willing to accept guidance from a team of like-minded individuals, you could be our next team member.
This is an awesome opportunity for someone who:
- Wants to work one-on-one with patients, one patient at a time
- Wants to work in a fast-paced, positive work environment where employees collaborate and support one another to create the best outcomes for clients
- Wants to work at a company where they can learn many aspects of physical therapy and develop their hands-on, team, and communication skills
- Is detail oriented and appreciates people who take an organized, systematic approach to achieving success
- Wants to work for a small and growing company where their ideas and contributions directly impact the company’s success, direction, and growth
- Is a quick, self-motivated learner who wants to work for a company that will invest in their education
- Wants a position that will offer earning and career advancement; we want people who are interested in growth, learning, and becoming a part of our team long-term
- Assist with patient plans of care created by a PT
- Build relationships and establish rapport to ensure the best outcome for every patient
- Provide exceptional customer care so that patients achieve their clinical and health/lifestyle outcomes
- Communicate orally and in-writing with providers, medical assistants and other personnel and agencies involved with patient care
- Participate in, contribute to, and help to develop education training both in-house and externally to ensure ongoing learning and skill development
- Communicate with patients to ensure they arrive for their treatment as scheduled
- Convert discovery session patients to first evaluation appointment (when appropriate)
- Keep clinical notes up-to-date and accurate
- Assist in the preparation and execution of workshops, events, and in-house services
- Participate in and contribute to the clinic’s social media activity
- Conduct patient call-backs for current patients and follow-up with patients who are not currently scheduled
- Develop treatment plans, set goals, reassess and adjust as necessary
- Be willing and able to communicate virtually through telehealth with patients for continuation of plan of care as needed
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Above average physical therapy skills that will be developed continuously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to connect and communicate with patients and manage all personality types
- Ability to be self-reliant, independent and thrive in an environment where measurement is the driving force behind progress
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant Program with an Associate’s Degree in PT (required)
- Current Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant in Texas (required)
- Current CPR and First Aid or willing to pursue certification within the first 30 days of employment
- At least 1 year of experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant; pelvic floor physical therapy and/or women’s health experience is a plus
- Strength and Conditioning, Sports Performance, or Weightlifting experience a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the United States (required)
We are an out-of-network clinic. We provide an exceptional, high-value service so speaking to patients about the cost of services is a requirement for this position. Please note, as a small clinic, we do not have the means to sponsor visas at this time. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. Applicants must be up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccine and other vaccinations per the CDC’s recommendations.
To apply, please send your resume AND a cover letter detailing why you would be a great fit for our team to email@example.com.